We are looking for an experienced Store Designer to join our global retail store design team at our head offices in the heart of Amsterdam. The chosen candidate will be supporting the global commercial roll-out of all of our retail stores and points of sale through store design execution -by meeting design, brand, cost, schedule, and operational requirements; as well as contributing to our overall store development strategy, and involvement in our continuously developing conceptual retail approach.
Summary of Responsibilities
Execution of retail store roll-out
- Designing world class Scotch & Soda retail stores, as well as consignment locations, according to our retail concept and the store development strategy.
- Design stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams.
- Develop design documentation to support design intent including schematic drawings, 3d impressions, and finish palettes.
- Responsible for specific projects or markets and establishing and maintaining relationships under the guidance of the design manager.
- Communicating design directions and changes in retail projects internally as well as to regional markets and external partners.
- Participating and contributing to design reviews by sharing projects and leading discussions, seeking to enhance the design process.
- Mentor other designers by sharing knowledge, experience and best practices.
Creative involvement in the development of the Scotch & Soda retail concept
- Creatively involved in the ongoing development of our retail concept; creating new fixtures, materials, detailing, and in-store experiences, as well as store typologies.
- Designing and executing special projects within the retail roll-out, working in alignment with both the store design manager and the concept design manager.
- A minimum of 5-7 years proven retail design experience;
- Demonstrated design skills;
- Master in (Interior) Architecture/interior design;
- Strong skills in both conceptual design and technical drawing;
- Versed in Autocad, Sketchup, and Adobe programs: sketching lay-outs, making 3D visualizations and technical drawings;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ad-hoc environment;
- Experience in managing external design consultants and building relationships with cross functional teams as well as creating and pitching presentations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Elevated and consistent knowledge of industry trends in retail, store and [brand] design.
- Strong understanding of colors, materials, retail zoning, customer journey, and able to connect these with the retail concept.
- Performing at a consistent level and demonstrating ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Able to identify and establish opportunities to optimize working methodology in design and technical responsibilities within the team.
- Understanding of buildable architectural details and specifications.
- Ability to balance design with operational needs and budget objectives; understands build cost and how it relates to design.
- Professional level presentation skills
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines;
We offer an opportunity to make your mark in the retail apparel environment by supporting our amazing brand to achieve its full potential, surrounding daily by fashion, and a family of colleagues passionate for their love of Scotch & Soda.