Junior International Payroll Specialist
Scotch & Soda is growing and so is our Finance team. Since we have more than 130 own retail stores, planning to open our new store in Poland this December and just expanded our presence in the Belgium market we are in need of an International Payroll Specialist.
As an International Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the payroll for our Dutch Retail entity and other international Retail entities (United Kingdom, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Poland). This includes coordinate, checking and control the payroll with internal and external parties, running the payroll reports, preparing the journal and making sure payments are made timely & accurately. This is a permanent fulltime position and is based in our office in Hoofddorp.
- The preparation and maintenance of the payroll including coordinating the time and attendance with Tamigo;
- Data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines;
- Review the payroll output information returned by the external payroll provider. Perform a high-level review of computed wages and spot checks and correct errors to ensure the accuracy of payroll;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, collective labor agreements and company policies;
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verification of employments;
- Attend to payroll specific queries from store managers and employees;
- Manage relationships with our payroll provider (SDWorx) with focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports;
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports and support the Finance team with month-end close and year-end activities;
In this role you need to be a great communicator that can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams. Someone who is motivated, proactive, extremely organised and can work autonomously and as part of a team. A multitasker who can prioritise to meet multiple tight deadlines, takes initiative and makes decisions confidently and last but not least; extremely organised, highly analytical & detail oriented.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an international (Retail) payroll environment;
- Experience with payroll of multiple European countries is a plus;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (our systems are in Dutch), other languages are a plus
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes;
- Intermediate/Advanced with Excel;
Let's meet soon!